Tips for safe use of cell phones and batteries
1. Increase the life span of your cell phone and battery by following the manufacturer’s directions for using the phone and charging the battery.2. Do not use incompatible cell phone batteries and chargers. Some Web sites and second-hand dealers, not associated with reputable manufacturers and carriers, might be selling incompatible or even counterfeit batteries and chargers.
3. You should purchase manufacturer or carrier recommended products and accessories wherever possible. If unsure about whether a replacement battery or charger is compatible, contact the manufacturer of the battery or charger.
4. Do not permit a battery out of the phone to come in contact with metal objects, such as coins, keys or jewellery.
5. Do not crush, puncture or put a high degree of pressure on the battery as this can cause an internal short-circuit, resulting in overheating.
6. Avoid dropping the cell phone. Dropping it, especially on a hard surface, can potentially cause damage to the phone and battery. If you suspect damage to the phone or battery, take it to a service center for inspection.
7. Do not place the phone in areas that may get very hot, such as on or near a cooking surface, cooking appliance, iron, or radiator.
8. Do not get your phone or battery wet. Even though they will dry and appear to operate normally, the circuitry could slowly corrode and pose a safety hazard.
9. You should properly dispose of your old batteries and equipment. All major carriers have recycling programs.
10. Follow battery usage, storage and charging guidelines found in the user’s guide.
11. Find ways to reuse or recycle your phone and accessories when you’re finished with them. Many companies recycle or reuse cell phones.
12. Pick a phone with features you need and a style you like so you will keep it longer.
Copyright © 2005. Chileshe Mwape writes for the Mobile Phone Unlocking Guide at: http://www.unlock-mobile-phone.org.uk
- Mobile phone evolution - Aug 16, 2005
- Cell phones safety - Aug 04, 2005
- Prepaid cellular phones - Aug 04, 2005
- Mobile content: An expression of individuality - Aug 01, 2005
- SMS warehouse launch Positive V2 free pc to mobile software - Aug 01, 2005